Whitwick Parish Council was set up to provide a strong, independent voice for the village (recorded as 'Witewic' in Domesday Book in 1086) and to protect its identity from being lost in a 'greater Coalville' urban sprawl.
Following a campaign by local people, the District Council carried out a community governance review and made an Order on 12 May 2010 to set up the new parish Council.
Whitwick Parish Council held its Inaugural Meeting on 18 May 2011.
Whitwick is now the second largest parish in North West Leicestershire (after Ashby de la Zouch) and stretches from Whitwick Moor/Gracedieu Road in the north; Brooks Lane/Thornborough Road in the west; Stephenson Way in the south and most of Hall Lane and part of Meadow Lane in the east. It borders on to the existing Charley and Swannington Parish Councils and the unparished areas of Coalville and Thringstone.
Whitwick Parish Boundary
- Whitwick Parish Boundary (PDF, 1.2 Mb)